Henri Willig Cheese Farms, Wooden Shoe Factory and Wine & Cheese Speciality Shop In Edam
Henri Willig has been demonstrating the craft of the wooden shoemaker, the cheese maker and process of cheese making at his farms (Hoeves) to more than a million visitors annually for over 35 years. The Alida Hoeve cheese farm and de Vriendschap wooden shoe factory are located in Volendam. Henri Willig Cheese Farms and Wooden Shoe Factory has three cheese farms:
- Cheese Farm the Alida Hoeve, dressed in the original Volendam costumes
- Cheese Farm the Catharina Hoeve in the Zaanse Schans in Zaandam
- Cheese Farm Jacobs Hoeve lies in the polder next to the dike in Katwoude, nestled between Monnickendam and Volendam.
Including the production team, more than 150 dedicated employees and 60 milk suppliers make all this possible. A stop at one of the Henri Willig farms has proven to be an exceptionally popular attraction among tourists and tour operators. In addition to the world-famous Edam and Gouda cheese, Henri Willig also makes sheep and goat cheese. In addition to the four cheese farms, Henri Willig B.V. manages two shops in Edam and three in Amsterdam. These shops sell cheese that we produce ourselves, as well as a selection of complementary first-class products. Visit farms free of charge.
Next to own made cow, goat and sheep cheeses they have a wide variety of young and old cheeses from the "Beemster" and a wide variety biological and non-Dutch cheeses. They also have also a large assortment of quality wines from the best wine houses. In Wine & Cheese Speciality Shop you will find the following cheeses:
- Goats cheese from our own cheese factory.
- Sheeps cheese from our own cheese factory.
- Biological cheese from our own cheese factory.
- Farmers cheese (made from raw milk).
- Young, old and 'crumble' cheese from the Beemster.
- A variety of small 400 grams cheeses packed in different colors of cellophane;
- natural, herbs, pepper, cumin seeds, fenugreek etc. etc.
- Different kinds of smoked cheese.
- Different kinds of cheeses from France, Spain, Italy, Switserland and from many more countries.
- Different kinds of teas and different kinds of mustard.
De Vriendschap - Wooden shoe factory
At Wooden Shoe Factory De Vriendschap (The Friendship), offer to visitors an interesting demonstration of how a piece of willow or poplar wood is magically turned into a the form of a wooden shoe. The shoe is then drilled out, dried, sanded, barrel-polished and, finally, painted. Following the demonstration, large selection of wooden shoes can be admired. Wooden shoes are available in all sizes and with many different decorations. Numerous other souvenirs are also available for sale. De Vriendschap wooden shoe factory "de Vriendschap" is located next to the "Alida Hoeve" cheese farm in Volendam. Entrance is free of charge.
Henri Willig Cheese Farms and Wooden Shoe Factory link: http://www.cheesefarms.com/en/home/
Henri Willig Wine & Cheese Speciality Shop In Edam (Wijn & Kaasspeciaalzaak Edam) link: http://www.edamcheeseshop.com/uk_index.html
Henri Willig Website: http://www.henriwillig.com/
People who viewed 'Henri Willig Cheese Farms, Wooden Shoe Factory and Wine & Cheese Speciality Shop In Edam' also found interest in following articles . . .